Pages

Sunday 18 December 2011

Hana El Mok | Final Goodbye

Introducing Hana El Mok - singer songwriter Stockport Cheshire Singing and entertaining has been my all-time favourite in life. As a child I was forever attending choirs, attending Performing Arts School, singing lessons – in fact- my parents used to say I had something going on every evening – not to mention all the school shows and extra activities that they had. I grew up with both my mum and dad, yet neither of them could sing a note – so I don’t know where I got the music genes from. I grew up in South Manchester. I am half Moroccan, quarter English and quarter Irish – which is quite a mix – and I feel so lucky to be of mixed culture origin. Although I don’t speak a lot of Arabic and go over to Morocco that often that side of my family has a huge impact on me. The type of music that was played at home whilst I was growing up was based on Whitney Houston, Bob Marley, Tracey Chapman as well as Aretha Franklyn and Diana Ross. The music I write is singer – songwriter contemporary with a bias towards soulful, expressive ballad type influence. Check out Hana here

No comments: